The gentle art of Japan, a name that can be misinterpreted until one trains in this hands on self defense system. This system was developed to allow a smaller person in size to equal an adversary of larger frame and strength. This art was primarily developed by the samurai for in close quarter combat when a sword could not be wielded or if a samurai was weaponless. This style broke down to 6 categories and 4 major styles. aikido, judo (Japanese), chin na (Chinese) and hapkido, hawrang a do (Korean).
• Striking Techniques of the Hand and Foot
• Grappling/Throwing techniques
• Joint Manipulation
• Choking and Controlling Techniques
• Ground Techniques (dog fighting)
• Pressure Point Manipulation